Monday, October 1, 2012

T-33 Days

I can see the light!  Today marks 33 days until Caleb graduates from this wretched place and I for one am ecstatic!  On our way to Oklahoma we had plans to find a furnished apartment off post... little did we know that we would have to live on post at the Holiday Inn.  I know what you're thinking "that doesn't sound so bad".. wrong.  We live in a tiny 2 bedroom apartment under the Holiday Inn name, but it is in no way up to Holiday Inn standards.  They are extremely old and outdated with a lovely blue and brown decor.  You can't clean ugly.  To top it off, they tell you that you're supposed to get a full cleaning 2x a week (sweeping, mopping, dusting, vacuuming, bathroom, new linens)...I get a cleaning once a week without the bathroom being cleaned, without dusting, and without the floors really being cleaned and I'm too much of a pushover to actually say anything.  Fail.   This place does have some perks, though, so I suppose I shouldn't complain.  We are making a lot of money by living here, I do get help with cleaning, free toiletries, and we do have a small 2 bedroom apartment rather than a hotel room (my initial thought).

After Caleb graduates, we're gonna load up that Uhaul and head to truly begin our new, more stable, life.  I can't wait to be in the same place for more than a year and really be able to settle into a new home and make it my own.  I've been flooding my Pinterest with big ideas, although with 2 kids under 2 I foresee the follow through lacking.  I'm also beyond thrilled to be in California and live somewhere I've never been.  I love new experiences and I'm stoked to have 2 amazing ladies to share them with!  I couldn't be happier to be there with Anna and Kristie!  Let the adventures begin! 

After seeing all these new blog posts, I decided to write one of my own.  One thing I didn't anticipate, though, was boring myself to death as I read it back.  So kudos to anyone who actually makes it through this.  Goodnight and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment