Thursday, October 4, 2012

time to be bold.

Being a girl, I feel like I go back and forth about having a positive self body image.  I more so teeter on the side of being unhappy with the way I look or how much I weigh.  So in the words of my amazing husband "If you don't like something, change it."

I know how to lose weight and feel better about myself (I'm not an idiot), but I will be the first to admit that I have no will power or discipline.  Two things that I desperately need just to better myself. 

In order to make these changes, I need to make a bold move.  I need to do something drastic.  I'm going to do something no women EVER wants to do.  I'm going to tell you my weight and hopefully my measurements (If I can find blasted measuring tape).  Each week, I will try to blog about my hopeful progress, struggles, stuff I ate, and the stuff I did to get some exercise in with having 2 kids  (good luck to me).

For those of you who know me know that 1) I LOVE food and 2) I HATE to workout, so this is not going to be easy for me.  But here it goes!

October 4:

Weight: 129 lbs
Height: 5'0 (Caleb measured me at actually 4'11.5, but I rounded up to make it easier of course :))
Bust: 37.5 in
Waist: 32.25 in
Hips: 39.5 in

Now for my height and build, I should be anywhere between:

Small frame: 104-115 lbs
Medium frame: 113-126 lbs

My husband and I can't agree on what frame I am so here is both :)

I would be extremely happy around 115 give or take, but overall I would just love to drop a pant size.




Because I'm nursing I don't want to restrict calories, I just want to make healthier choices.  I am a horrible eater and I eat a lot of junk food!  I need to be taking in at least 1800 calories each day.

After I weighed in, I went on a brisk hilly walk with my friend Megan and our strollers with our kids :)  They loved it!  After I came home, I  finished with lunges, squats, sit ups, crunches, and push ups.  I need to stick to exercises I can do at home that don't require much. 

I've noticed that my core is VERY weak... probably because I had 2 kids back to back :)

See you next week! :)

4 comments:

  1. I lost 20lbs last fall/spring using MyFitnessPal food diary! It helped so much! Also, BodyRock.TV has short, intense workouts that are AWESOME.

    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep it up! You can totally do this :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you, girl. Keep up the hard work and keep being bold!! Also, when you get to Pendleton look into joining Stroller Warriors, a running club for marine wives. I'm in the one at Lejeune and it's awesome! The kids also like it. Look it up on Facebook or online. I highly recommend it. Adult interaction and you lose weight...LOL. It's all levels of runners too, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies! And thanks for the tips! And Kim, you were actually my inspiration so special thanks to you!

    ReplyDelete