Sunday, September 23, 2012

worst. blogger. ever.

It's about 8 pm and I have one baby trying to fall asleep in his room, one baby sleeping peacefully beside me on the couch, and one husband miserably studying for his test tomorrow on his only day off :/  Life couldn't be any sweeter, well unless Caleb didn't have to study.

I have painfully come to realize that I may be the worst blogger in history.  I can't even remember the last time I have written a new post...  I'll blame it on the fact that I just had a baby... Never mind that it's been almost 6 weeks ago..  Hey, being the mother of 2 under 2 is tough and time consuming!

Ok here is goes...

In May, we began wrapping up our adventure in Stafford, VA.  We turned in our notice and invited strange men into our home to pack up our humble 3 bedroom apartment and ship it to California. I was beyond thrilled to find out that our duty station would be California because all that rang in my head was BEACH!  Caleb, not so thrilled.  Apparently the state is too liberal for his liking :)  With the great news comes the not so great news... Caleb still had to go to MOS school and he was majorly blessed to get his first choice : artillery.... except the 5+ month school was in Lawton, OK... Ever heard of it?  Neither has anyone else.

At the end of May, we loaded up the rest of our stuff (with Caleb throwing away everything that he deemed "wouldn't fit" (humidifiers, Baby Einstein Play Mat's..)  Needless to say, I was a little bitter.  But he assured me, he would replace them... I just felt wasteful.  There really wasn't any extra room though.  Everyone was sitting on stuff and poor Sam was squished into his car seat while everything was stuffed in around him.  This began our 7 day journey across the country to California.



It was pretty uneventful (Praise the Lord)... We drove each day until about 5pm.. because that's when Sam decided he'd had enough.  He was a big trooper!  My favorite state was New Mexico... It was absolutely beautiful!  Finally we pushed on the last day and made it to CA.  It would be our home for the next 10 days as Caleb checked into his unit and got new orders for us to travel to OK and check into his MOS school. 



I did not want to leave CA, especially for OK.  When we arrived, I was surprised to find it much bigger than I thought it would be.  It has mostly everything you need.  Except a TARGET!  How does that happen.. To go anywhere other than Lawton, you have to drive at least 50 miles.. LAME.  We have yet to leave this hole.  We have met some pretty great people though and Sam has made some friends that he plays with everyday, so this Momma is happy :)  The best thing though that has come out of this place is of course my baby boy, Kiam Elias Peterson.





Kiam was born on August 14, 2012 at 9:09 pm.  He weighed 8 lbs 1 oz and 20.5 inches :)  A few days before I started having consistent contractions that put me in the hospital without any progress past 4 cm dilated.  So lucky me, I had all the pains of labor without the baby.  Thank goodness my mom and aunt were here to help with Sam, because I literally couldn't do anything.  Ugh, I cringe just thinking about the pain.  It continued 2 days until Tuesday, right as dinner was about to be finished, I started having a ton of pain again...  Nothing more than had been happening.. I didn't feel contractions, just a lot of pain.  I decided to go to the hospital because I was gonna make them give me pain meds!  (They wouldn't give me anything the first time I went)  Nurse walks in, checks me, and I'm 7 cm dilated.  WHAT?!  I didn't even know I was in labor!  I almost didn't come in!  I ended up giving birth about an hour and half later with only a few pushes.  That kid just popped right out! 

But now it's 6 weeks later and I have pretty well adjusted to being a mother of 2 babies :)  I feel like a professional diaper changer.  We have a good schedule going on and not to mention I have the best husband who helps me probably more than he should :)  I am one blessed wife and momma!





This is super long and I apologize.  One person will probably read this because he a) feels sorry for me and b) it's about him too.  (egocentric... jk babe)



1 comment: