Saturday, February 11, 2012

half way mark.

I'm not exactly an avid blogger... only because the only extra time I get I usually spend showering, so you're welcome.  We are now over half way through with TBS and all I can say is PRAISE THE LORD.  This has been one of the biggest challenges I have faced.  Caleb gets up anywhere between 4 and 6 in the morning and usually doesn't get home until about 7 at night, which means I'm on baby duty all day everyday.  Don't get me wrong, I am super blessed to have the opportunity to be a stay at home mom and be the one watching my son grow up (who is growing like a weed btw), but it is exhausting.  Sometimes I just need a break and a little me time...but hey, we're more than half way done and then we go onto our next adventure.




Before having kids, the idea of Marine life excited me.  Moving from place to place and getting to see all new things.  Post Sam, it's a little frightening not knowing where we're going and how far from family we'll be.  But don't worry, I keep my head up and try to get a little excited about the possibilities.  Through TBS, I have been tested more than I think I ever have been.  In this situation, you have to completely rely on your faith in the Lord or you'll go crazy.  I'm blessed to serve a God who is my rock and will never leave me. 



So I mentioned that Cabe is gone about a million hours a week, which makes his hourly pay less than women and children in Chinese sweatshops, but he's also gone for a week about twice a month.  This gives you an idea of how little I see my husband.... so when we found out I was expecting AGAIN, I was a tad surprised.  And when I say "tad", I mean I had a full on panic attack... 2 kids within 13 months of each other??  ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!  Many many tears and freak outs later, I am getting more excited everyday with knowing that I'm giving Sam a playmate and how much fun we'll have.  (As if it wasn't hard enough with one)

On March 12th we will find out if God has blessed us with a baby boy or girl, which is very exciting.  We talk about names all the time and have narrowed them down to 2.  We might tell you eventually ;) 

1 comment:

  1. Yay for blogging, and finding out the sex of the baby. I say girl, but Sam needs a brother....so maybe the girl can be next? Haha

    I wish I could tell you Military life gets "easier" but it doesn't. Especially once the kids are older it gets a lot more difficult. You guys will figure it all out though. Plus you are a strong women, so it won't be anything you can't handle.

    ReplyDelete