Friday, September 9, 2011

mom cuts, sweatpants, and no makeup.

Growing up I've always looked at mothers wondering why they all insist on getting the "mom" cut, why they are usually never wear makeup, and why they never want to dress up and wear cute clothes.  I have finally realized exactly why they quit trying, because I am SO there.. well, minus the mom cut. 

I would love to have my hair long again and wear it down and curly, but unfortunately I have a 2 month old that LOVES to grab at anything he can get a hold of....so I wear my hair in a ponytail everyday and he still grabs all the baby hairs he can find.  Thanks, Sam.  Do I need to shave my head?

I would love to go shopping and dress in super cute fall clothes and get new heels, but as I stand in the isle, all I find myself looking at is sweats and flats.  I feel like without them, I'm in a constant state of uncomfortable.

I would love to look pretty for my husband and myself and put on makeup, but what's the point?  If I stay inside all day with Sam, I might as well go natural.  He doesn't mind :)  And I guess I'm saving money on makeup, so yeah!

I'm sorry for silently judging all moms who decided to leave the house looking a hot mess, because I have jumped on that band wagon and I'm not even ashamed.  Maybe when he's older I'll try again....but don't count on it.

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha, yeah... Happens to the best of us! I'm even lucky to get a shower some days. It's awful... I said to Joshua one time, "I know I should probably take a shower and get dresses, but what's the point?!" He said, "Well, maybe just to make yourself feel better?" I was like, "Na, it takes to much time and time to myself is not something I have a lot of!" Maybe one day that will change... :)

    ReplyDelete