Monday, January 17, 2011

official start into Marine life...

As I entered into my last week of my first trimester, we headed to Murfreesboro, TN to witness a great moment in our lives.  12 weeks of extremely hard work, no sleep, and 84 letters later, Caleb graduated from the Marine Corps Officer Candidate School (OCS) in July, 2010 in Quantico, VA.  On January 15, 2011 at 6:30 p.m., Caleb was sworn in as a 2nd Lieutenant in the United States Marine Corps.



















This was an extremely proud moment in not only my life, but many others.  Joined with us to celebrate Caleb's accomplishments were his mother, father, grandmother, 2 brothers, 2 sister-in-laws, nephew, cousin, and my mother :) 


Watching him up there, I couldn't stop grinning from ear to ear.  I was speechless to watch my loving husband finally receive his dream...the one thing he's worked so hard for.  He definitely deserves it!  Even with the crazy pregnancy hormones, I must say I didn't cry until he gave his little thank you speech.  Thanks, Cabe.  I was doing so good too!















Basic School doesn't begin until October and although my hard-working husband is disappointed, we will both be in Cleveland to fully enjoy the birth of our first child.  God's Will is perfect for our lives and I'm very thankful for that.  It's peaceful to know that I can rest on Him.

3 comments:

  1. God's timing is always perfect, this I have learned also :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe!! Congrats!! I had to miss Amos' due to having a game. HAHA Such a great accomplishment. The blog is looking cuter! HA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks I've been working on it! :)

    ReplyDelete